Deworming safe for my assassin snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drella

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I just ordered some Levamisole HCL in hopes of deworming my cardinal tetra. I thought at first it was anchor worms and my LFS advised API General Cure, which I used with no effect. These are long white worms (as you can see in the pics) that go in and out of his body, protruding from around his fins, etc, and it's just getting worse. :( Now I'm thinking it's some kind of roundworm or nematode parasite, so I ordered the Levamisole...

I have him isolated in a 3 gallon but I've already noticed tiny white worms on the fins of his tankmates, and I think I have to treat them all in the main tank...

My questions are - a. has anyone encountered these worms, and was Levamisole effective in treating them? b. do you know if it's safe for assassin snails?

I probably have 50 babies of various sizes in the substrate of the 30 gallon, where the rest of the cardinals live... it's impossible to remove them as they hide really well... and I don't want to kill them!

Also, the same tank has danios, a guppy, and panda corydoras. Will they be OK with the Levamisole HCL?

Any advice and insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• worms.jpg
    worms.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 135
  • worms1.jpg
    worms1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 90
  • cardinal with worms.jpg
    cardinal with worms.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 102
  • worms2.jpg
    worms2.jpg