DFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal1402

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got home from an incredibly traumatic 14 hour straight shift, panicking because my fiancé is away and couldn't turn off the lights and one of my yo-yo loaches has literally disappeared into thin air (well, water). I have, in my blind panic, taken out all the bogwood, plants and planted ornaments, checked every nook and cranny in them, behind and in the filter/heater unit, even sifted through my gravel and sand substrate. There is no evidence of a dead yo-yo (found some more baby assassins though), my water parameters are all stable as ever and the lid of my aquarium is as tight fitting and hole less as ever. I'm pretty sure I'm never going to find the poor little fella and I'm almost as sure that the other fish in there couldn't strip the body to nothing in 14 hours!
Specs and species
55 gallon
28 Celsius
Water sprite
Cabomba
Duckweed
Anubias nana
Java fern/moss

Ammo - 0
Trate - 0
Trite - 10
Ph - 7.4

Yo-yo loach x2 :(
Candy stripe plec x1
BN plec female x1
Mollies x4
Guppy x4
Endler x4
Blackchin livebearer x3
Colombian giant ramshorn x1
Giant rabbit snail x1
Assassin snails x20ish maybe
Stable Malaysian trumpet snail population

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone had this happen to them? And can I add 2 more yo-yo loaches without them killing each other in a bid for dominance? Thanks and, as always, I look forward to hearing from you guys :p

I have 4 and lose one all the time, no idea where it goes. Did it show at feeding time? Three or four should get on fine.

I'm definitely down to 2 :( I hate disappearing fish syndrome. No show at feeding time over the last 4 days. Absolutely gutted

I was upset tbh, botia loaches have such personality. On a lighter note I popped to my LFS and picked up 2 more yoyo's and they are acclimatised and playing happily with my surviving 2. Happy days! Please no more DFS!!!

Back
Top Bottom