Dia daoibhe from Eire :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_tm666

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello to everyone and each of you,

'Tis my first post on this forum and I hope that not last. Herewith my introductory word (yup I read Shakespeare too much when I was in highschool ;). I am right now 'bout establishing an aquarium - 3rd in my life. Former ones I must have had sold due to my sister's allergies :( Therefore I am not a newbie, however the technology progressed 'slightly' in last 10 years. 'About' in my case mean that I have already got a 26 gal tank (3 times more spacious than my former one) and it is now settling - has few plants inside (elodea canadensis michx. and few other 'unforgettable' ones ;). Everything is up and running for a week already.
The water already has appropriate contents to hold the specimen we (my wife and I) plan and as the next step we are going to add some acidity 7.03pH --> 6.5 pH in order to have amazon river/tanganyika lake habitat.
What is going to be in there first: a famly of fairy cichlids and few discus. You may call me crazy putting them together in one 26 gals water tank ;) I have done it before with nothing but success. I spared over 500 of their spring to a pet-shop but got also some breed tank those days and I suppose this time I shall have to get one too - sooner or later.
Above the surface we shall grow few species of orchids requiring high humidity as polyrhyza lindenii; taeniophyllum obtusum etc. But as a fulfillment.

From the forum community I expect of course an advice if I'd need one. I believe that in any tank something might go wrong or unexpected way. I also have been there in the past but there was nobody to ask. I am looking forward to talking to you, sharing photos and exchanging experiences/knowledge...

And yes - I'd love to have 200 gal aquarium(s) in the future :D

With my best wishes
Tomasz

P.S.
pictures soon - I am already pleased with the no-fish effect I obtained.

Pictures of new aquatic reservoir as promissed ;)

In the other topic I asked whether it would be necessary for my to add an aerator aside the internal filter I gotwith the tank. In the past I was using externalfilter + aerator this time I get some completely new and never tried solution.

With my best wishes
Tomasz

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGP2966.jpg
    IMGP2966.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 64
Thanx for such an abundance of responses ;) I ahve installed additional aerator in anyway :D Must also ivest in air flow valve...

With my best wishes
Tomasz

Back
Top Bottom