Did more aquascaping to my 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I've added 15 more pound's of rock and a lot more Maylasian driftwood. The fish love it.

Attachments

• rsz_added_green_001.jpg
    rsz_added_green_001.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 249
I also love it too Love the drift wood. What type of fish u have

10 bloodfin tetras, 7 glofish, 8 cory's, 2 angelfish, 2 GBRs, 2 golden rams, 1 clown pleco.

Thats probably the best chosen backround ever hahah. It makes it look like the driftwood is on it.

Honestly I hate backgrounds like that, always have. I think they look horrible.

With that said I will say you made it work, it looks amazing and you've changed my mind regarding those types of backgrounds. If you do it right (like you have) it can look good and very natural.

Good job!!! Seriously I'm impressed.

Dino aka the The Con

That's a lot convict. That was my goal cause I'm not a big fan of them either. The rock was the only issue, took a bit to find the right stuff.

The a family owned aquarium store by me that has tons of it. 3 pieces it the tank are some kind of hardwood the rest is Malaysian. They have some great pieces that are 100+ dollars.

I gotta say... I've looked at this picture a few times today and I really must say, you should really be proud of yourself for the way you tied in an otherwise ugly and boring background into a piece of art.

I'm kinda harsh and truthful when it comes to scaping for 2 reasons. People ask then its only fair they get an honest answer and 2, beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. But you have achieved something stunning here.

Now... I'm no professional aquascaper nor do I think I am... I just take pride in it and I call it how I see it.

Again excellent job!

Dino

Thanks again convict and flirt. Trust me it wasn't easy took lots of planning. Took forever to find the right rock and once I did they ordered about 30 pounds for me plus what they had in stock.

Back
Top Bottom