dims first showcase!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i have a canon rebel xs eos, takes some really awesome pics, its completely stock, but im kind of a whiz with the settings :)

tank is a 39.5 gallon hagen breeder, no sump, no skimmer.
40 lbs of lr, 40 lbs of ls, weekly 3 gallon water changes.
salt is reef crystals,
filtration is marineland hob 200 filter with carbon pads, fluval 200 w heater, lr and ls topfin 30 powerhead, marineland maxi jet 900 circ. pump
lighting- 6x39wt5ho (4 actinic,2 12000k) 10x1w blue leds. all one on timer and cord.
custom stand, using grocery distilled bottled water bought by the gallon for 89cents.

stock fish/inverts
bi color chromis -shark
yellowtail damsel -bait
black gene wild 3 banded clownfish -jamal
lawnmower blenny -bruce
peppermint shrimp -jaques
3 nassarius, 3 blue legged hermits, 3 astreas, 1 mexican turbo

stock coral
green star polyp/frag
frogspawn/frag
green leather mushrooms
fuzzy mushroom
protopalythoas
zooanthids/frag
4 headed candy cane
pusling xenia colony
purple tipped condy anemone

tank is fairly new for a nem, but im religious about everything. done at the same time the same day the same way every week, the only thing i hope, is that she doesnt spring a leak!
thats my motto :)
also have a half gallon pico in the cycle process :)

heres a vid for viewing the tank instead of looking at boring pics even tho i have a great camera ill put some pics on later :)

http://youtu.be/Jw84zWPH840

Looking forward to your pics. I'll check out the video when I get a break at work.

Thank you! I had a devastating night last night, my circulation pump fell into my sandbed :( wahhhhh!!!! It was hell, luckily i caught it within 6 hrs of it happening! I saved everything so far, time for a new aquascape!!!!

Heres a few iphone pics of the new aquascape!!

Attachments

• image-246911273.jpg
    image-246911273.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 199
  • image-2859143353.jpg
    image-2859143353.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1700977619.jpg
    image-1700977619.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1558793559.jpg
    image-1558793559.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 199
Thanks! I think its much better then my old setup ! My clown is now hosting my condy :)

Found out my nem is a sebae nem ! And i picked up some new coral! Nit sure if its a dendro or sun polyp, and an acan :) also got another black turbo snail? Wierd! Ill post pics tmrw!

Found out my nem is a sebae nem ! And i picked up some new coral! Nit sure if its a dendro or sun polyp, and an acan :) also got another black turbo snail? Wierd! Ill post pics tmrw!

If It's Dendro I wish you much luck. I've had mine for a month now and only 1 polyp looks like it even tries to come out to feed. They need shade as they are non photosynthetic. I've focus fed mine almost every day now and 3 of the polyps out of about 16 are dead. Bought more rock and built a cave around it to keep the light off it. Sun polyps are much easier from what I've read. I hope that's what you have!
This is mine.

ForumRunner_20130228_103859.jpg

im not quite sure what ive got.. might not be dendros.. what i have has a lime green center and mouth as well as alot of polyps. when i got them in the store, their foot was fully extended out and they were nice, after the move not so much, i have them in a shaded area and they like to still stay open just not all the way, at night i see more of them, its a nice sized mini colony.. sorry for the pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like a zoah colony. Hard to tell for sure. Almost thought it was a Duncan but looks like the tentacles are too short.

Might be if they are zoas then they are a sun polyp i do believe, if they dont open fully in the next couple days ill put em in some more light to see how they react

All the polyps are now open and theyre stalks are extending. I had to spot feed them mysis. Thats the only way they would open

Thanks im 99% its a flowerpot. Got it for 15 bucks. Also got my acan for 20 and my clove polyps for 15:)

So i picked up some fresh seafood today in hopes of giving my corals a better meal every three days. I picked up, pacific raw unpeeled shrimp, two clams, and 3 oysters. Im going to dice finely with my knife and mash, i dont have a blender!! Will add some frozen mysis shrimp, and this other frozen stuff j picked up today called San fransico bay frozen reef plankton will add some distilled water and freeze all

Got my 6 stage ro di unit today and holy smokes! Im more then impressed :) gonna hook it up now ! Pics to come!

Dang, your fish eat better than I do! Lol. Let us know how easy that ro/di unit was to install.

If It's Dendro I wish you much luck. I've had mine for a month now and only 1 polyp looks like it even tries to come out to feed. They need shade as they are non photosynthetic. I've focus fed mine almost every day now and 3 of the polyps out of about 16 are dead. Bought more rock and built a cave around it to keep the light off it. Sun polyps are much easier from what I've read. I hope that's what you have!
This is mine.

View attachment 155929
Dendrophyllia are photosynthetic and benefit from low/indirect light.

Lol the corals and fish absolutely went nuts over the frozen food i made, only thing is that it does cause little algae priblems on the glass so moderation is needed, and the ro di unit was super easy. Couldnt have better customer service it literally took 15 minutes to get going thanks to the folks at www.maxwaterflow.com

Back
Top Bottom