disappearing reappearing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimiheart

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few weeks ago I decided to move my otocinclus school from my ten gallon to my 40 gallon. In my ten I had dwarf frogs and a betta, and it just wasn't growing enough algae to feed them, and they didn't seem to like zucchini or seaweed much. I had seven in there, I thought. I only could find 5 when I moved them. There aren't a WHOLE lot of hiding spots in the ten. I have pots where the frogs hide. I have a plant. I had a silk plant that has since been moved to my child's ten gallon. There's a betta log that the frogs steal. And there's the filter.

This is the same tank the betta disappeared from a couple months ago. I figured the two otos died, or disappeared with the betta. Maybe the frogs somehow got them -- they might have been smaller than the others? Yesterday, I look in the tank and there's a big, fat, oto sucking on the glass. This dude has somehow been hiding in a tank with no real hiding spots for almost a month. I should also mention, this tank is right next to my bed. I look at it all the time. So I get him out and put him in the 40 where he immediately hooks up with his buddies. Two hours later, I see the last one sucking on the glass. Seriously? WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN? :blink:

Attachments

• 10gal.jpg
    10gal.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 86
I'm looking at my 40 gallon and can see everyone but my Raphael catfish, who I never see. Even the fry are all out and about. All seven of the otos are right on the glass or decorations. Like two of them haven't been completely missing for almost a month. Everyone else has runaway dogs or cats. I have runaway fish.

Back
Top Bottom