DISASTER almost struck today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was moving my 125 gallon community tank to my new house today and I thought the best way to move all of my fish was to split them into large tubs of tank water and drive them. As my friend and I were walking one tub out of the door my 50 pound German Shorthaired Pointer decided he want to come and ran through my friends legs, tripping him and causing the entire tub to drop and spill out everywhere! Two Bala sharks, 40 neon tetras, 20 black skirt tetras, a common pleco, and two angels went spilling onto my porch!!!! I couldn't believe it! We quickly scooped up all we could find and put them into the other tub. I've finally set up the tank at the new house and put them all in. Keep your fingers crossed they will all survive! Oh and if anyone is looking to adopt a dog, please let me know! Hahaha jk!

I have a feeling Lost / missing German Shorthaired Pointer flyers are soon going to be posted on power and telephone poles in the area.:D

Wow! I am glad everyone is ok, including the dog! Keep us posted.

Oh jeez I'm most afraid for the tetras and angel! So many neons almost impossible you get them all, forget the pleco hehe you have to shoot them to kill em! Just kidding

Surprisingly I was able to get all but 5! So far, so good. They all seem like they are going to make it!

Jnthn932 said:
Surprisingly I was able to get all but 5! So far, so good. They all seem like they are going to make it!

What happened to the other 5? Did they get lost in a bush by your porch? Just kidding... :(

Wow man, what a story. This must of been one of those major heart racing moments. I hope the rest live for you :)

Another funny dog story. I have a 65 that I had to move and put the fish in a 30 gallon bucket. My dog (miniature austrailan shepard) was curious so a stuck his arm in the bucket and ended up falling in, and actully killed my platinum gourami, he stepped right on it's face...ouch

It was lol. For a second, I started to flip out on my dog and then realized all my fish were flopping around everywhere! Today they all seem to being doing fine. Only damage I can see is one of my Bala sharks is missing a few scales :(. Hope he doesn't die. Haha that's terrible about your fish! I bet your dog planned it that way. He probably got tired of your fish getting more attention!

When I am looking at my tank he will jump on me and stick his nose into my hands and just be annoying. He really does get jelous. Those little pups are smarter then we think. Thats why I like fish, they cant get though he glass! haha

My dogs do the same. It's hilarious haha. I'll check my female with her paws on the stand trying to eat my fish through the glass. It's pretty funny.

Jnthn932 said:
My dogs do the same. It's hilarious haha. I'll check my female with her paws on the stand trying to eat my fish through the glass. It's pretty funny.

I need a picture of that! To the OP I am glad to hear that most of the fish made it so far. Good luck to you!

Thanks! I don't think I've ever moved so quickly in my life to grab those fish and put them back in water! I'll try and catch her in the act and get a pick for her!

Well, went to turn the lights on my tank off and noticed that the pleco didn't make it :(. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom