Discus + Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol planning on it ^.^ grr! I go to such a stupid expensive school and they don't even research about fish before they start mucking around with it!!
I'm going to give them the longest lecture tomorrow and see if they like it -.-'

You should just type up a nice appeal in professional format. That's going to impress them and enlighten them more than anything.

Hmm :/ I'd rather yell but that's a pretty good idea too hehe

I'm keeping 19 Discus in with about 60 Angles in 4 community tanks... The four tanks total almost 600G. The issue of the Angel disease being passed to the Discus can pretty much be discarded if your Angels are healthy. The other issue of Angels/Discus is the timidness of Discus at feeding time. I don't find that as an issue either as my Discus are well socialized. They are not only NOT shy, they are pretty much hams and come to the front of the tank at the slightest movement. And my tanks are in a high traffic area that goes contrary to most advice. I do however allocate at least 10 gallons per discus and about 7 for each angel.

williemcd said:
I'm keeping 19 Discus in with about 60 Angles in 4 community tanks... The four tanks total almost 600G. The issue of the Angel disease being passed to the Discus can pretty much be discarded if your Angels are healthy. The other issue of Angels/Discus is the timidness of Discus at feeding time. I don't find that as an issue either as my Discus are well socialized. They are not only NOT shy, they are pretty much hams and come to the front of the tank at the slightest movement. And my tanks are in a high traffic area that goes contrary to most advice. I do however allocate at least 10 gallons per discus and about 7 for each angel.

I agree completely with the gallon amount and also the feeding thing, my discus are absolute pigs at feeding time lol and they love showing off. They have 3 rope fish for best friends too.

Haha so angel it is! Thanks guys. Do Angels have the same dietary requirements as discus or do I need a different kind of food :/ and will fry get confused in anyway :/

aaw :( I asked for it today but they said no :/

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't really need a filter for a short time. If you put a sponge in and make it float on the top it will hold bad water asking as you clean it reguarly

Back
Top Bottom