Discus journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good plan! My room is 1000 degrees bc of the fish tanks, but i love em anyway. Update on my original little guys ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419982295.187639.jpg i think that these two are my favoriteImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419982332.154913.jpg (nls on floor btw, not poop)

I'm really loving your little guys! I especially really love your blue discus :) what types of blue discus do you have? It looks like you have a blue diamond and a few cobalts but do you have any blue turquoise discus?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have no idea honestly! Ive exceeded the amount of photos i could post:( i took up close photos of them. The discus in the bottom left of the top photo is a regular blue discus, not the fluorescent blue found on my others.

And substrate is a no go until they are bigger. It's easier to just vacuum up the waste on the bottom without any gravel/minimal sand in my tank. Im thinking white or black when they are at that point, to show off some color.

I need to get the castle out of the tank! I just wanted to transfer over as much bacteria as possible when i started the tank lol. Any opinions on substrate for when they get bigger? Would black or white make their colors pop more?

I need to get the castle out of the tank! I just wanted to transfer over as much bacteria as possible when i started the tank lol. Any opinions on substrate for when they get bigger? Would black or white make their colors pop more?

Black substrate is the way to go. White can stress them and they will looked washed out against the light substrate. Fish look awesome BTW. (y)

I've done black and white Don't care for either. I'm now going with natural sand color but haven't changed over yet. Black made everything dark even some what dull. White looked nice in the beginning but started turning dull or dirty looking. Of course this is my experience and thought on it. Others may say different.

Honestly i agree about the black substrate. I didn't really like it. I have sand and i personally like it because of like what was said before. It's natural looking and i think that it's nice for the fish because if the get a fright and crash into the rough substrate they could hurt themselves but sand is alot finer and would not do as much/any damage.

keep the tube a 1/2" above the sand and swirl it. Everything will spin up and get sucked up. The sand wont.

Ok perfect ty. Visit to tank number 2 tonight!
1zn1nxu.jpg

288w51x.jpg

I really love your fish! If you get sand would you put live plants in the aquarium? The fish would look amazing in a planted aquarium :)

Black substrate is the way to go. White can stress them and they will looked washed out against the light substrate. Fish look awesome BTW. (y)

Dark substrates are not the way to go with Discus. Particularly with the lighter colored, PB's and Albinos. It's notorious for promoting peppering in them which is something that many breeders worked so hard to eliminate. Offsetting the background colors with a light colored substrate, proper (low level) lighting, and planted/driftwood setting really make the colors pop.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Idk why i even put black as an option. Theres a reason i have a white backround. None of my discus are peppered (knock on wood) and id like to keep it that way! What would i do without ya

Im honestly not sure? It looks kind of like a small rose red but it's got ticking on it's anal and dorsal fins that to me look like leopard or pigeon blood markings. I am probably really wrong so yeah. I'm not sure?

Back
Top Bottom