Discus journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The middle one of the three looks like it could be a red melon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They both look like some sort of marlboro or melon but thats only me because they are probably something totally off of what i said hahaha.

The top one could actually just be a red and white discus to be honest?!

#120 looks like either a Turk, an alenquer cross or a royal cross, #122 (top) looks to be either a San merah, a valentine, or a marlboro, (bottom front) is an alenquer and the rear is a peppered pigeon blood.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Other tanks newcomers?
vx1c90.jpg

I love that top left discus! Is it a ring leopard discus?

I'm back ?, had to get a new song phone since my old one konked off. On the issue of substrates, I'm not sure color of the substrates have anything to do with peppering but for sure impacts the overall scenery of the tank & how your discus show in it. I personally prefer light coloured substrates since you know when it's dirty & can clean it properly. With sand you will end up siphoning off a bit even if you are careful but it's not an issue to replace over time. If you go planted then a dark substrate will be the norm. Or else you could keep the plants in bowls as I've done. The new discus are beautiful, how many tanks now?.

honestly jealous of your success, my dream is a beautiful discus tank heavily planted with great drift wood. great job with these guys!

Ty!! Knock on wood i havent had any issue with this tank, welll until now. And rohit, welcome back:) i sadly am not too interested in planted tanks, although im sure the 125 will be planted once juvies grow up. I have a white background so i may just go with some tan sand. I started my own personal 55 of discus, and moved the other 55 of discus to the 125 and rehomed most of those cichlids. A few are in that 55 now. I started a 2.5 red cherry shrimp tank, and have a 20 hex id like to put something in! But the only thing i really wanted wasnt really reccomended for it. (German blue rams) besides that theres a 10g mess around tank set up, where we usually just throw some feeders time to time. Any changes with you?

Beautiful fish :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Ty ! Ive been out of work sick so i got to the fish store ten minutes after opening to grab what i could from their new shipment. Although i missed good ones in those ten minutes so ive heard:( (these male breeders come and scoop up the best of the best the second the store opens but are aggressive so ill just wait my turn)

Im thinking about putting fake plants in my own discus tank(the 55) I need to take out that castle so i'm going to have to replace it with something.

Castle is gone! I replaced it with a make shift dw hut. Ill deal with the consequences of that later.
20svgol.jpg
142t0cl.jpg
wc's are paying off, eh? :) too much time on my hands.

Really stunning! I definitely would love discus one day :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom