Discus swimming sideways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so I have 6 discus In
My 55 gallon tank and its heavily planted my plants were doing fine but I wanted to add something to my water to help them grow so I went to my lfs and asked them( always a mistake it seems) and they recommended seachem flourish excel ( I specifically told them I was nervous because I didn't want it to hurt my discus) they said it would be fine so I adde it about 15 mins later my discus stopped swimming and started acting lethargic I got scared and did a 75% water change that day and the next and they perked right up after the first change except my two orange ones they stayed more lethargic. Now my little orange guy ( Mario ) seems fine but my big orange guy (Ernie ) tends to go to the bottom and float on his side( I'm freaking out) they are all eating and when they feed they perk right up and swim together but after a few hours or more Ernie returns to the bottom and On his side is this his swim bladder messing up? Please help I'm going out of my mind!!!! Oh here's my water parameters amonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-5 ph-6.8 all done with API test kit except the ph test is sera thank you for any help I can get

Bbush said:
Green peas?

Thanks for replying I was wondering how u do this do u fast them for a few days then just drop a few frozen peas in the tank do I have to like peel the skin off it or anything

Yeah, exactly. Get the no salt. I freeze them and then microwave them for about 15 seconds. Just long enough for the peeling to thaw but not the middle. Then u can pop those suckers out easy. The middle will still be frozen, so I just let the middles sit for a few minutes to thaw and throw peels out.

Okay thank you I will give it a try he seems to be getting better with no treatment so far so maybe I'll give it a day or so and see what happens thanks again for replying I really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom