Discus tank underway!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
So far the plants are staying in place :)

Ah that's good news ;-)

On a sad note my discus have given up on there eggs, they have eaten most eggs although there are some left. If they hatch they will probably be eaten too. I guess I will have to wait for them to have another go. :-(

Guinness said:
Ah that's good news ;-)

On a sad note my discus have given up on there eggs, they have eaten most eggs although there are some left. If they hatch they will probably be eaten too. I guess I will have to wait for them to have another go. :-(

Aww that's a shame :( 3rd times a charm :) or maybe next time, wait til they spawn again and then take the discus out??

DanS180 said:
Aww that's a shame :( 3rd times a charm :) or maybe next time, wait til they spawn again and then take the discus out??

Yea I don't want to artificially raise them tho so need to keep discus in with the eggs really. Just a trial run for them I guess lol. Bummer for me tho. I got to play the waiting game again now!

Guinness said:
Yea I don't want to artificially raise them tho so need to keep discus in with the eggs really. Just a trial run for them I guess lol. Bummer for me tho. I got to play the waiting game again now!

Haha well hopefully the 3rd time does it :)

DanS180 said:
Haha well hopefully the 3rd time does it :)

I hope so, at least I have a breeding pair and the water conditions are good enough for them to breed in. That's all I can do my end the rest is up to them I guess. Lol

Guinness said:
I hope so, at least I have a breeding pair and the water conditions are good enough for them to breed in. That's all I can do my end the rest is up to them I guess. Lol

That is true... ohh how we love the waiting game lol

DanS180 said:
That is true... ohh how we love the waiting game lol

I know I hate it. Oh well just have to forget about it and see how it goes. Keep feeding the live food and take it day by day.

How's the plant getting on?

Guinness said:
I know I hate it. Oh well just have to forget about it and see how it goes. Keep feeding the live food and take it day by day.

How's the plant getting on?

They're all still in place so we'll see lol so far so good

image-2024289334.jpg

Thought I would send you a picture of my oddball tank. Freshly cleaned today for 4 hours lol. 200ltr water change, sand vacuumed, plants and rocks scrubbed. 8 barrels taken out and 8 put back in. All by hand up and down the ladder lol. Worth it though.

What do you think?

My discus tank, looks a bit different now tho will get a more up to date pic for you tomorrow.
Ha ha ha not as big as yours tho :-(

image-2529887399.jpg

What do you think? Lol

Guinness said:
Thought I would send you a picture of my oddball tank. Freshly cleaned today for 4 hours lol. 200ltr water change, sand vacuumed, plants and rocks scrubbed. 8 barrels taken out and 8 put back in. All by hand up and down the ladder lol. Worth it though.

What do you think?

Wow I really love how that tank looks!! Very nice look to it! :) good job!!

Guinness said:
My discus tank, looks a bit different now tho will get a more up to date pic for you tomorrow.
Ha ha ha not as big as yours tho :-(

What do you think? Lol

:) I like it! How many discus are in there? 6-7? And how big are they??

DanS180 said:
Wow I really love how that tank looks!! Very nice look to it! :) good job!!

Ah thanks glad you like it. The wood still leaches out a bit but it's getting better every week. There's lots of holes in the wood that the fish like to swim through. They seem to like it lol.

Guinness said:
Ah thanks glad you like it. The wood still leaches out a bit but it's getting better every week. There's lots of holes in the wood that the fish like to swim through. They seem to like it lol.

That's awesome!! Yeah my tank still leeches tannins but it's gone down significantly since I put them in :)

DanS180 said:
:) I like it! How many discus are in there? 6-7? And how big are they??

At the time this pic was taken there were 10 discus, I sold the 2 snake skin discus as they were not from a very good strain and were not growing, then there were 8 discus including the breeding pair that I have moved.
2 x turquoise blue
2 x Marlboro red
2 x diamond blue
2 x pigeon blood
6 in the main tank and 2 in the breeding tank.
All about 4-5 inches now.
And one golden nugget plec.

They were all 2" when I brought them about 16 months ago.

DanS180 said:
That's awesome!! Yeah my tank still leeches tannins but it's gone down significantly since I put them in :)

Yea it's a bummer when it leaches ain't it lol. A quick water change normally does the trick tho.

Back
Top Bottom