Discus tank underway!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea to a nervous breakdown lol. Nah I'm taking it all in my stride. It's a learning curve for me, with very long curves lol. I'm sure they will get there eventually.

Guinness said:
Yea to a nervous breakdown lol. Nah I'm taking it all in my stride. It's a learning curve for me, with very long curves lol. I'm sure they will get there eventually.

Hahaha well we can only hope so! Back to waiting game...

Water change day today. 100ltrs on the oddball tank, 10ltrs on the breeding tank, discus main tank was done yesterday 150ltrs and SW tank done last night 25ltrs.

Do you ever get board with your set up and want to change it all around or get different fish?

I'm going through a phase where I can't make up my mind what to do with my oddball tank and whether or not to change all the fish for something else. But what I don't know.

Guinness said:
Water change day today. 100ltrs on the oddball tank, 10ltrs on the breeding tank, discus main tank was done yesterday 150ltrs and SW tank done last night 25ltrs.

Do you ever get board with your set up and want to change it all around or get different fish?

I'm going through a phase where I can't make up my mind what to do with my oddball tank and whether or not to change all the fish for something else. But what I don't know.

I'm always thinking of different things to do. I can never just stay put with one idea lol that's what this hobby does to u haha

Lol yea i know if I had the room our house would be full to the brim with tanks and unusual fish lol.

It's a bug once you start you just can't stop!

Guinness said:
How's your tank and discus doing? Everything ok? How's the plant doing is it still in place?

Everything's going well.. just did another 50% WC today :) plants are all over the place, had to discard a few that snapped but there's still a good amount in the tank so its all good

DanS180 said:
Everything's going well.. just did another 50% WC today :) plants are all over the place, had to discard a few that snapped but there's still a good amount in the tank so its all good

Ah you have been busy too then. That makes me feel better lol it's not just me doing maintenance.

DanS180 said:
Yeah I'm constantly doing maintenance as well.. never ends lol

Your right there! Stops us getting board tho hey lol. I have been helping a mate out who owns his own aquarium shop, just doing tank maintenance covering for when he goes to the wholesales and stuff. I have really enjoyed it tbh. Hopefully he will be able to expand in a year or so and he can give me a full time job and maybe even look at a partnership together. Fingers crossed. ;-)

Guinness said:
Your right there! Stops us getting board tho hey lol. I have been helping a mate out who owns his own aquarium shop, just doing tank maintenance covering for when he goes to the wholesales and stuff. I have really enjoyed it tbh. Hopefully he will be able to expand in a year or so and he can give me a full time job and maybe even look at a partnership together. Fingers crossed. ;-)

Aww that would be awesome!! Wish I had a friend that owned an aquarium shop lol

DanS180 said:
Aww that would be awesome!! Wish I had a friend that owned an aquarium shop lol

Lol it's only a small one at the moment, he has only been going for about 16 months so early days. It's not going to bad tho, fair play to him he started off breeding fish in his shed and it just got bigger and bigger till he ran out of room lol, so he thought well I better open a shop. Fair play he has done all the work himself.

I don't get paid to help but if I want anything I get some stuff free and other stuff I get at trade prices. So obviously I don't mind. I don't take the p*** tho after all he has to make a living. I just enjoy helping anyway it helps me to learn more about what I love.

Guinness said:
Lol it's only a small one at the moment, he has only been going for about 16 months so early days. It's not going to bad tho, fair play to him he started off breeding fish in his shed and it just got bigger and bigger till he ran out of room lol, so he thought well I better open a shop. Fair play he has done all the work himself.

I don't get paid to help but if I want anything I get some stuff free and other stuff I get at trade prices. So obviously I don't mind. I don't take the p*** tho after all he has to make a living. I just enjoy helping anyway it helps me to learn more about what I love.
Nah I hear ya, that's still so cool tho.. maybe I'll open up my own shop someday hahaha

Just an update on the breeding pair. They spawned again 4 days ago the eggs lasted for 3 days before being eaten. I'm sure it is down to the female being really nervous, if I go to the tank she dives for cover, if I put food in she won't come out till I leave the room. But on a positive note. Yesterday and today she hasn't been to bad, feeding times she comes to the front and watches me closely while eagerly waiting for the food to hot the bottom. And WC haven't been to bad with her either so I'm hoping she is coming round and settling in at last, we will see. That's it for now just thought I would keep you updated.

Hope you your family and fish are all ok. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom