Divided Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oriana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so I am wanting to redo my fish tank as I am not really happy with it. I currently have gravel in as the main substrate but I want to add a sand "river" in the tank, possibly on a slope. Do I need to use some sort of substrate divider? What can I use as a substrate divider if I need one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A divider would help. You can really use any kind of divider that you like. Thin plastic would probably work best.

Alright, I saw that someone was thinking of using plastic milk jugs that are cut to fit, would this be a good route to go or is there a better way? I would prefer something reasonably easy to do and change if I decide to.

Alright, I saw that someone was thinking of using plastic milk jugs that are cut to fit, would this be a good route to go or is there a better way? I would prefer something reasonably easy to do and change if I decide to.

Milk jugs, plastic binder dividers, cut up tupperware containers The only limits are your imagination :)

This is amazing news! I have some great ideas for this tank and now I can't wait to get started! Do you happen to know if super glue is safe to use in the aquarium?

I have experience in using superglue in my aquariums. Just make sure the type of adhesive the glue uses is cyanoacrylate. Pretty common to find in any office supply of hardware store.

Alright thank you, I'll have to go and investigate my super glue now

Does the super glue need time to cure before it's safe? I just broke a small piece of my tank rim while scrubbing it down (been in storage for a couple years). I want to superglue but don't know if I need to wait a couple days before I can fill it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Connect the two peices with the glue. Hold on for 30 seconds =) should be water safe by then. Tap it to make sure it holds!

Thanks RevLine! I did it and (so far) my baby fish are all still good!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom