DIY: Co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've seen some of these Co2 systems. A lot of them involve air pump(s), powerheads, ect.). Has anyone made a successful Co2 system? If so, what do you need to make one? How did you set it up? My amazon tank is coming along very nicely, but the plants lack Co2. Please help me out.

I forgot the link, but if you do a search for CO2 you will find several posts detailing the DIY. One post gave all the details of DIY plus a link on how to estimate the CO2 in your tank based on ph and KH.

I found everything I needed right here on this site. I use a powerhead driven reactor that seems to work quite well. The powerhead is the most expensive part of my system and I got it on clearance for 6 dollars. It doesnt need to be very big at all, so I dont see the need to spend a ton of money on a powerhead for this purpose. Im using an Aquaclear 1000 unit, which is now discontinued, but I think was the smallest powerhead in the series. I havent had any problems with it so far.

Yes it is. I should have mentioned before that, when I say I found everything I needed right here on this site, I mean links to members' personal websites as well! Members like shawmutt and rex grigg have great sites and everything else I found just by browsing the forums on AA.

Back
Top Bottom