DIY CO2 Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phoenixkiller said:
I'm gonna use a used Gatorade bottle for mine. The cap is huge and can fit 2 holes in it.

That's true gatorades have big caps water bottle are small hm I think I do have a baby food jar somewhere

I'm telling you guys, the recipe I found worked incredibly well and incredibly fast the very first time I ever did it.

I have some questions! Nice thread so far.

I always hear of the mixture essentially blowing up, what causes this?

Also, what are some common stores where i can buy the silicone, diffuser, and check valve? I dont want to be running all over town

Gboy66 said:
I have some questions! Nice thread so far.

I always hear of the mixture essentially blowing up, what causes this?

Also, what are some common stores where i can buy the silicone, diffuser, and check valve? I dont want to be running all over town

PETCO has the aquarium safe silicone and check valves. Diffuser is really up to you. You can buy one off eBay or use a chopstick. There are a bunch of methods really

What would the chopstick do for it?
I would recommend the diffuser. Chopsticks work, but paying $5.00 for a nano diffuser isn't gonna make your pocketbook any lighter IMO. On Ebay just type in "co2 diffuser" and pick a good one with a good seller rating. I would suggest getting one that doesn't take 30 days to ship from Taiwan lol.

paytertot said:
It is just another method of breaking up the bubbles into tiny tiny ones. Bamboo chopsticks are porous

Ooh so they have to be bamboo? I will try to stop by petco later!

Back
Top Bottom