DIY LED setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jolee0722

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have decided to go with a rapid led setup for my 75 gallon 48" by 20" by 18" tank. However, I don't know which LEDs to get, how many to get, and where to place them on the heat sink. Does anyone have any recommendations of how many LEDs I should get and where I should place them? Also, which type of white would be recommend and if it is a combination, what would be the ratio?

I'm guessing the taotronics. I have looked into them, but I have looked into them, and I think DIY lights are more customizable and that is what I want. I also plan to use a typhon led controller from boostled. With this combination, i will be able to get more customization than with taotronics, which is what I am looking for, so that is why I decided to go with rapid leds and not taotronics.

I spent a few days combined hours researching this, if it must be so customisable, you must be able to determine the ratio required to your specific lighting requirements. I can't tell you what you want!

My research revealed, meanwell make the best power supplies, Cree make the best led, you can pick your own colour temperature from selected bins at the plant, each with its own subdivision. So you will be able to pick the spectrum and luminance you require. The cost of LEDs alone will make your eyes water! This will be a special order.
Electronics outlets will provide the drivers, heat sinks, star mounts, cables, terminals, extension posts, screws etc.
You will need a vast array of electronics equipment which, if you don't already own, will cost more than the light unit itself, there is also a lot of consumables that must be obtained, heat transfer paste, solder, drills, taps etc.
Or you could buy two or three high end units, complete with a guarantee!
Max spect Mazarra can be customised to a degree. I'm sure some other companies offer this.
You will need to be at least competent with regard to electronics.
The rest of my research is precisely that, mine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom