DIY reclaimed wood stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only thing I haven't figured out is how to build the actual door to the canopy. I built this one out of some plywood that I got along with the pallets

ForumRunner_20130604_071328.jpg
Any ideas? So far I have spent only 6 bucks on paint still need deco n filtration and so forth...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130604_071434.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130604_071434.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 363
What if you kept it simple and just hinged a thin sheet over the top? Does the tank itself have a glass lid? Also have you thought about lighting? Will it sit on the tank or would you like to make them apart of the lid?

What if you kept it simple and just hinged a thin sheet over the top? Does the tank itself have a glass lid? Also have you thought about lighting? Will it sit on the tank or would you like to make them apart of the lid?

The tank itself is acrylic and it came woth a light...I actually scored big last month my brother works for a local amvets thrift store and he was able to get me 120 gallon tank a 55 gallon both with stands and canopy and this 10 gallon. All three with lights and filters for 72 dollars. All great wood and in pristine condition. The light sits on the tank so any lid would work but I might jump on the LED bandwagon so idk.

How did you get that all even ? I bought premium 2x4's and still had problems

Perfection was not my goal...it is as level as it has to be....if I had wanted a "perfect" stand and canopy I would have asked my guy, he builds all my "show" quality stands n canopy. This was set out to ve rugged n hefty like Hulk. There's more to it than just wood. ...

Back
Top Bottom