DIY Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From my understanding plants have an easier time breaking down ammonia than nitrate but therein lies a problem that ammonia is toxic in useful concentrations.

Yeah thats true. So vice versa itll work. Just have to keep your fish safe

Cool thanks, then I think I'll try the dynamite fertilizer, at least I don't have to doze daily.

And it's the one for flowers and vegetables plant fertilizer correct?

Cool thanks, then I think I'll try the dynamite fertilizer, at least I don't have to doze daily.

And it's the one for flowers and vegetables plant fertilizer correct?

The one you are looking for is in a red bottle. I'm not sure what it's called.

image-1968406163.jpg

image-1270383134.jpg

image-411943910.jpg

Doing an update. The DYI tabs have been working great. No ammonia issues either. All my root feeders have been doing well. No browning or yellowing leaves. Lots of new growth.

I know if I had better lighting I would be getting even better results but that's another topic lol

Took some patience but once the plants got used to it they've been doing good. You can see in the first pic a Red Tiger Lotus that's growing super fast. It was just a bulb with two scrawny leaves a few weeks ago and now look at it!

Cool! Also started with DIY tabs but I am using size 0, all they had at the vitamin shoppe, and Dynamite. I placed 24 of these in my 80 gallon tank and so far everything looks ok, no spikes in ammonia either.

Cool! Also started with DIY tabs but I am using size 0, all they had at the vitamin shoppe, and Dynamite. I placed 24 of these in my 80 gallon tank and so far everything looks ok, no spikes in ammonia either.

Yeah size 0 is what I'm using. I couldn't find dynamite in stores so I did what mebbid suggested and did a blend.

Back
Top Bottom