DIY Shop light mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And i am currently using a single dual t8 shop light over my tank and I get good growth but lots of algae as well but this is what it looks like now and we will see the difference with the new fixture

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110919_142610.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110919_142610.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 143
Thats a pretty tank! I like your driftwood! I am hoping this light is durable. I like that it comes with blue lights too.

Yeah it seems like it is better then the other ones they sell with the crappy legs and thanks I need to get more plants and I'm looking for a bigger peice of driftwood too

Im planning on ordering a few plants here too in a bit. I bought a piece of driftwood from my LFS for super cheap, had to boil and now i am soaking it should hopefully be ready soon to put into the tank.

cool i work at the lfs so i bring home plants super cheap but we have no nice driftwood right now so im waiting on a local plant dealer who does most his dealing online to bring me one bc he lives a few min away from me

well good deal for you since you work at an LFS. I wish I had a nice quality one near me.

Have you received your light yet Im supposed to get mine tommorow according to UPS tracker
No not yet, Pay Pal was being weird. Let me know how yours looks!! Im beginning to think 3 lights is going to be too much light. I guess I can take a bulb out if that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do and u don't even have to do that there are 3 timers 2 t5s the 1 t5 the the leds so u can run 1 or 2 or all 3 I think I'm gonna have the two come on in the morn for like 6 to 8 hours and then the other t5 come in for like 2-3 hours in the middle of the day like the peak of the sun and then the leds at night of course

azure bones said:
Will do and u don't even have to do that there are 3 timers 2 t5s the 1 t5 the the leds so u can run 1 or 2 or all 3 I think I'm gonna have the two come on in the morn for like 6 to 8 hours and then the other t5 come in for like 2-3 hours in the middle of the day like the peak of the sun and then the leds at night of course

Oh wow!!! That just made my purchase even better. I'm gonna have to get my co2 up and running again for those lights.

azure bones said:
Yeah that's why I got it. And Yeah I'm not even for sure if DIY co2 is gonna be enough might have to switch to pressurized

I'm gonna have to DIY for the time being. Until I can get enough money to go pressurized.

so my light came today but i was working and my fiance got called in so i have to wait till mon but the note they left says that they need a signature from someone over 21 who lives there but im only 20 and im the oldest so i hope they dont really check my id

azure bones said:
so my light came today but i was working and my fiance got called in so i have to wait till mon but the note they left says that they need a signature from someone over 21 who lives there but im only 20 and im the oldest so i hope they dont really check my id

Well that sucks! UPS won't check ur id! I've never had them check mine.

Back
Top Bottom