diy sump and refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

issihavok

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys made it all myself kinda new at this so tell me what you think here's the link to a video of it, thanks.

Last edited:
Your video link was broken. I removed it from the post. Try reposting the video link. Also, moved thread to the General Equipment forum.

fort384 said:
Your video link was broken. I removed it from the post. Try reposting the video link. Also, moved thread to the General Equipment forum.

fixed it thanks.

looks great, I like acrylic
I hope its not too noisy with doors closed
I saw another guy online made one by gluing plastic containers together
he could access any chamber by unlatching the lid
when I did my saltwater tank I built everything inside a large old wooden TV I had that I grew up with from the 80s

Nice sump but I would switch the protein skimmer and macro algae around. Down the road the macro algae will have pods in it an the skimmer and filter floss will block the pods from going into the dt. Always have filtration before the fuge.

swithched the skimmer to the middle where the uv sterilizer is along with the heater and put two more chaetos in but moved all the chaeto to the final stage next to the return pump to get some more natural copepods in the water tha thanks for the advice and complements guys.

Back
Top Bottom