DIY sump running !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbo V6 Camaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally

I got the glass-holes 700gph full kit over flow (box, elbow, drill bit, bulkhead, air tube)

I drilled my 75 gallon today! no issues not even a chip :multi:

20 gallon sump and custom filter

1.5 bulk head drains to 2inch (ID) PVC all the way to the sump :D

Yes, please post some pics for all to see, and tell ys about the fit and finish of the glass holes overflow.
And CONGRATS!

Congrats!

you'll have to upload some pics for us... congrats on a successful job well done :)

Yes, please post some pics for all to see, and tell ys about the fit and finish of the glass holes overflow.
And CONGRATS!
Thanks

Today i'm going to be working on the PVC return, I was thinking about 2 return one to each side of the tank to help get stuff off the bottom. as with one output the pump at 500GPH dig out my sand/plants

Its a 75G fresh water tank, I drilled it with fish in the tank, I drained it about 44 gallons form the tank (well i use the pump for my sump to pump the water much faster that way :D )

the fit and craftsmenship of the Glass-holes kit is A++++++

the drill bit worked great and still has plenty of diamond on it for other holes.

the bulk head is very nice, and the over flow box is a nice shiny black. the baffle makes it very quiet

the guide plate for the drill wit worked perfect as well.

the hole on the over flow is larger then it needed to be to allow for some adjustment of the box up and down.

It was actualy hard to install the over flow then drill the tank, my only complaint is the over flow needs to be a tiny bit wider so you can get your hand in there a little easier

well worth the $75 IMHO

I did find 4 fish laying in my filter this morning (2 glow fish, 1 guppie and one cichlid :( maybe smaller more but smaller teeth ? or a screen for them

luckily the cichlid made it, seen him go in (they are very small right now) going to set up a tank for them when they grow

I'll get some pictures tonight :)

sorry no pics spent all day travling the fish stores around st louis,

I got 60 bio balls for $7.50 to put in my filter will get some more next time I go back

PICS

812789819_NX2kR-XL.jpg

812789873_XRbcn-XL.jpg

812789968_5xjvt-XL.jpg

812790012_96MfX-XL.jpg

812790121_tDaHv-XL.jpg

let me know what you think

Back
Top Bottom