Diy sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgc0286

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, Iam planning on making a 75 gallon sump and running it in the basement. Does anyone know where you can buy sheets of acrylic to make seperate compartments in the sump, like in this video YouTube - Reef Tank D.I.Y. Sump part 1 And Im sure you cant buy them in the exact size that I will need so how do you cut them?
Hope someone can help, Thanks.

HD, Lowes... Look for a specialty place in your area. Mine has one that sells scraps for 1,99 lb.. which is SWEET

Okay, I will check those places. Do you just cut them with a regular power saw?

yup. then lightly sand.. Don't try to be too neat unless you plan on showing off your work :) ... Just glob the silicon on there to make a nice hefty seal. Stick something under the 'up sections; to hold it up till it dries.. I used legos

Okay Thanks. And I will be posting pictures of everything that I will be doing over the next few months. I plan to have this done by summer time. I've been looking at HD's site for "acrylic" cant find the what Im looking for. Anything specific I should search or ask for when I get there?

They'll have it.. In mine it's over in the finish trim section (down by the fake trim area). Just ask, or call and ask

Correct. All Lowes should be able to cut Plexiglas/acrylic for you. At my Store its located right behind the hardware desk. But should vary from other stors

It's not an "on0line" product so you won't find in on their website. But it's easy to find in the store.

Back
Top Bottom