Do bristleworms swim??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen a few of mine swimming. They swim like a snake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

https://youtu.be/FB9DRkrDl98

https://youtu.be/cljC2jNwTHY

Found this last night along with 3 other tiny bristleworms living in the sandbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is quite interesting in all the years of me keeping sw tanks I have never encountered that ,
just a thought , have you added any thing new to your tank that could of aided in hitchhikers hijacking a ride in , they swim kind of like baby engineer gobys , not doubting they are bristle worms I just never seen that before , this would be a good question for Andy
that is neat

It is neat but it also freaked me out haha. I hate hate hate worms. And to have bristle worms swimming my tank just gets to me haha. At least I caught that one. I'm trying to think of the last thing I added to my tank. I think it was around thanksgiving time. I always dip my corals now but still everyday I find new hitchhikers. Ugh.

I'll never forget getting a nice rock at reef shop got home added it to my tank the next morning I had a no exaggeration a 3 ft worm crawling around in my tank that creeped me out, wear gloves when removing them
those bristles hurt when they get lodged in the skin and can irritate your skin
they got me good

That sounds terrible! I've definitely witnessed 2 more worms floating around the tank today. This time the lights were on and they got passed from fish to fish and eaten. My Mccoskers darted across the tank to catch them. It was actually pretty cool.

An arrow crab is very partial to munching on bristle worms I very rarely see any bristle worms since having an arrow crab I do however substitute the crabs diet with mussel

Back
Top Bottom