DO I HAVE A BULLY cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone sry I know it's been a while. I had an unfortunate incident that involved my iPhone and toilet. Need less to say , trust me it does not swim like a fish !!!! Lol but I'm back new and improved.

A lot has changes since last post. I've been keeping up with everything and I've lost 2 cori's but they look to had been hunted because the bottom lips off both them were gone including fins I freaked out I'm feeding them twice a day ... Flakes , pellets , shrimp floater pellets. It broke my heart. They looked slaughtered.

My stock is:
2 JD's . 1 African blood cichlid 1 Rafael spotted catfish 2 cori's 1 Pleco

Tank: 55 gallon Fluval 405, 2 Fluval c4 HOB , Heater, Bubbler. Any comments or thoughts are equally taken under consideration. Thanks for your time and support. Peace

I don't know much about cichlids, but i can say that it might be possible that they bullied them in some circumstances, or already ate a bit when they already died?

Yeah I thought the same. Tested the water and everything is where it needs to be .

Thanks for your input I appreciate that.

You need to remove the Cory's pretty quickly as the JD's will get them sooner or later. You are overstocked also. Would remove the pleco and the African also. 2 JD's and the catfish would be OK.

Yes I'm afraid Cory's don't do well with Jacks or Africans and sooner or later they will be toast.A pair of Jacks and a plec should be ok but the rest I would rehome.

I took everyone advice are re homed the cori's , the African gave them to a pal of mine . I'm gonna keep the Pleco and re home the catfish

Back
Top Bottom