Do I have enough light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 40 gallon breeder with two 6700k CF Sunpaq bulbs at 65 watts each. The lights are 14.5 inches from the substrate. Without access to a PAR, I'm not sure if I am getting enough light for my foreground (dwarf baby tears and micro swords). I am planning to go co2 because my foreground I believe needs that over Excel. What I'm trying to figure out is if I have enough light to actually utilize pressurized co2?

While trying to address my issue I came across this Aquarium Lights, Lighting; which to choose? – Fish Beginner; Information & Help it gives a breakdown of all the different types of light used for planted and live rock aquariums. At the very end of the page, it provides a WPG rule for EACH type of light. Thought it might be helpful. I understand there are other factors but in general is this a good breakdown?

Edit: Probably the best link I have found so far http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105774

Back
Top Bottom