Do I have low,medium, or high light in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ppo8820

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 15 gallon column tank and I recently modded the light as the stock fixture wasnt cutting it and had an ugly hue to it.

I put on TWO fluval nano LED plant growth lights that feature 86 LEDS, full spectrum 7500K, and 8 watts. They are very bright and even have a moonlight setting.

The thing I was wondering is, I now have 16 watts and over 180 LEDs on the tank. How does wattage calculate with LED use? I know its different than the usual wpg, so any help would be epic. Thanks all and happy holidays!

How tall is the tank, it seems that lots of small leds is not always as good as a few larger diodes. Those fluval systems do not put out all that much par. It may appear bright, the light needs to penetrate the water column in order to benefit plants. So bright doesn't always translate to high par.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its about 24 inches high and these are the lights. It said they were designed for plants specifically and they werent cheap (luckily I got gift cards for xmas). http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Fluval-Nano-Plant-Performance/dp/B00BNRZB0S

Since adding them, new leaves are popping up a ton. I have Wisteria, crypts, 1 Amazon sword, java fern, and some anubias. I have floramax substrate, flourish tabs, and use seachem flourish liquid once a week.

Trying to light this thing is tough as the top is 13 inches across and wide. No regular bulbs work with wattage, nor do LED strip lights.

Back
Top Bottom