Do I need a protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've just received my "Typhoon Skimmer" yesterday so far so good. I brought something that wasn't expensive but does the job for my very first skimmer. In the near future I may but a 180 gallon gallon for my basement which I will use a sump on so wish me luck with this one.

The tank will function better overall with a skimmer. I would just like to advise you to do small gravel vacs every now and then since you have crushed coral...tank looks great tho!! Good luck!

The tank will function better overall with a skimmer. I would just like to advise you to do small gravel vacs every now and then since you have crushed coral...tank looks great tho!! Good luck!
Thanks and yeah I do vacuum the gravel every two weeks to keep the levels down but thanks for the advice!!??

I notice the difference already with how dirty the foam is and also no film on top of the water thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom