Do I need an air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwebb20

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29 gallon angelfish tank. do I need an air pump?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not necessarily. What kind of filter do you have? If you have a proper filter that agitates the water enough, you won't need an air pump.

It is an aqueous power filter

Ok, what is the gallon per hour output? What tank size is it rated for? Is it a hang-on-back or internal?

It is a hang on and its rated for a 30 gallon it has a 200gph

I think you're probably ok then. It wouldn't hurt to have a bubbler, but I don't think it's necessary, especially if your filter splashes a little.

Ok thank you very much! Do you have any tips on breeding angelfish

Do you have a breeding pair? I don' t know much. I've had one breeding pair in the past. The two of them were the only fish in a 55 gallon. I fed them their regular food and every couple of days chopped up earthworms to get them healthy to breed. They become very territorial when breeding. Mine preferred privacy and always laid their eggs over the weekend (the tank was at the office) when no one was around. If something disturbs them a lot, they will sometimes eat their eggs. Some pairs are just bad parents and always eat the eggs. Really, if you keep your tank very healthy, water quality high, good diet, and two fish in love. You might look into what kind of water is best as far as hardness etc (I don't know) the other thing to think about is all the work it will take to raise the fry, and where you are going to sell them. It's a lot of work. Do your research beforehand.

No pair yet I bought six from a locally owned pet store there are 5 zebras and a Smokey all were in the same tank at the store and I am waiting and hoping for them to pair up at least one pair I hope I heard zebras are fairly easy to breed I just hope I didnt get all the same sex I have done some research and have already got a 5 gallon tank for fry and I am working on a 55 gallon

This is the smokey and the other 5 look like this zebra

Attachments

• 1394946935780.jpg
    1394946935780.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 1394946970406.jpg
    1394946970406.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom