Do I Really Need a Light For My Setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon tank, which is cycling at the moment, so I thought I would ask before it's all set up. My room gets a regular cycle of natural lighting, so do I really need to keep a light on the tank?

It's fine with no light if you don't have live plants and the fish can experience a day/night cycle.

My room receives some of the most sunlight in the house, so I think they'll receive the natural cycle with no problems. Also, I don't expect to have live plants.

:D Sounds good.

Just a word of caution, you may experience algae outbreaks if your tank is getting direct sunlight. You can remedy this with a set of blinds, but that bridge can be crossed when you come to it.

:D Sounds good.

Just a word of caution, you may experience algae outbreaks if your tank is getting direct sunlight. You can remedy this with a set of blinds, but that bridge can be crossed when you come to it.

I was thinking the same thing :p

Sunlight will not be directly hitting it. Is it ok to leave the blinds closed? Will they still get enough light that way?

Your fish don't really need light persay.. and if you don't have live plants, I don't see any problem

Ok. Thanks for all the help! Sorry if I may seem annoying, but I just really, really want my aquarium to work out.

Back
Top Bottom