Do we need to buffer RODI water for saltwater use ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhhh !!! I already purchased buffer the guy at the LFS told me I would need it :mad:

He told my RODI wasn't important 2, but saw a totally different advice on the web :mad: So I now have a RODI filters.

Ahhhh !!! I already purchased buffer the guy at the LFS told me I would need it :mad:

He told my RODI wasn't important 2, but saw a totally different advice on the web :mad: So I now have a RODI filters.

Rodi is one of the single best purchases you can make for a sw tank IMO. Yeah the salt mix will buffer your water with all the right chemicals and pH. :)

His first mistake was telling you that you don't need RO/DI water. That is at the base of providing quality water to your system over the long term. You don't need buffer unless you are having PH problems. Then that's a totally different discussion based on your testing and the results you want. Buffers are cheap, so no major $$ damage I would guess. Your fresh SW will be buffered just fine.

You need to find another LFS, my guess is they don't sell RODI units but they do sell buffer, :0, thats why they told you that you didn't need RODI but you do need buffer. Also once you start adding buffers you will throw your other parameters off and then it ends up being additives after additives, RODI and regular water changes, and thats all you need.

When you do need buffer (or if), you can use baking soda to raise alk. Bulk reef Supply has a tutorial video on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom