Do you ever name any of your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe_D

Aquarium Advice Freak
Among other fish, I have three cute "Panda Cory cats" in my present 10 gal tank.
They are the most animated (at times) and often the most interesting in my tank.
They are my three stooges .. ":Curly, Larry and Moe" :)

BTW, contrary to what some may believe, Cory Cats do just fine and thrive on gravel.
They often go their separate ways searching for food on the bottom and among the plants but tend to congregate together when they are resting and/or get their fill.
They will of course all zero in on an occasional cat fish pellet that I drop in the tank.

Attachments

• Cory_catsxxx.JPG
    Cory_catsxxx.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 30
That's fun!

Long back I would name most main fish, but lately not specifically naming them very often. But I can see why these 3 would get a funny set of special names.

Good names! I name some, the more outstanding ones, usually obvious things like Jumbo or Red. But I have much loved old man betta named Plankton. And three nerite snails who travel in a pack in one tank so they are Inki, Dinki, and Parles-vous.

Good names! I name some, the more outstanding ones, usually obvious things like Jumbo or Red. But I have much loved old man betta named Plankton. And three nerite snails who travel in a pack in one tank so they are Inki, Dinki, and Parles-vous.

And Brian?

My husband loves to give our fish silly names, like Swim Shady, Happy Gillmore, Lake Skywalker, and Tank Sinatra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom