Do you know where your fish sleep at night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Kind of silly question, but do you know where each fish in your tank sleeps at night? The reason I ask is because I have a pseudochromis that appears to sleep in a different part of the tank every night, when all along I thought fish like to pick a spot and keep it the same every night.

I guess it's obvious I spend waay too much time looking at my tank 8O

The tetras have the "Tetra Bedroom", which must be maintained at all costs, aquascaping be damned

The danios never sleep, ever.

Fred the pl*co sleeps on top of the plants, in a plant hammock.

Sparkling gouramis go somewhere far, far away and invisible.

Snails lay eggs all night.

Horseface loach must come out and eat or he'd be dead by now.

Baby bristlenose tucks into the driftwood.

Is there some sort of medication I can take for my obvious mental problem?

Lol. My O. clowns sleep deep down inside of their torch coral that they decided to host. Before it got there, they'd either sleep behind the powerhead leaning against the glass...or just on the sandbed.

I have one clown that sleeps in a bubble coral and another clown that sleeps on top of a pagoda cup. Everybody else is out of sight.

mine have there ow little domain at night clown on the bed in a corner, and blue tank is some coral sticks, chromis behind a rock all together, wrasses in the LR holes, always the same holes.

My three bar gobies sleep under the same piece of LR dug in the sand.

The tang sleeps behind the pile of rocks on the right side against the wall and rocks.

Sixline seems to weave in and out of the rock all the time.

The snails all dig in under the sand bed and go to sleep. They all pop up when I throw in food.

Finally.. the weirdest of mine.
The maroon clownfish sleeps vertically, head up top and tail towards sand in the right corner of the tank.

All these fish sleep in the same place every night.

My Perc. sleeps in a colony of Zoa's he has taken a liking too.

Royal Gramma sleeps in a hole in the rock

and my new Chalk Basslet sleeps in a cave between a piece of rock and my Faviets coral!

My o clown sleeps by the return from the canister filt and the hippo has a place between 2 rocks that you would never believe it would fit if you didn't see it yourself.

My clowns sleep together at the top of the tank behind my powerhead and glass. My Firefish sleeps inside this rock.

my valentini puffer sleeps in a dead piece of coral which is shaped like a cup. he fits perfectly inside and sort of sticks his body to it somehow. very cute!!
clownfish just sort of float at the back...

My pajama cardinals never sleep, nor do the clownfish.

My Parrotfish sleeps in a mucous cocoon, in the same spot, behind the rocks. Not sure where the tang sleeps, he's skinny enough to fit about anywhere behind the rocks.

My gramma basslet sleeps on a rock in one corner, but the other fish just end up where they end up I guess.

Back
Top Bottom