Does Anyone Else Worry About This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KonvictKeeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been quite worried since I started this hobby that I would be into it for a few years, then just lose interest. Not trying to scare anyone but it's pretty scary for me. I have set up these tanks, have fish that live to be 8+, spent over $600 and even turned my basement into a small fish cave (yes mfdrookie it's a cave). Would it be best just to not think about this?

I go to collage in two years and i have a 40 gallon fresh and 30 gallon salt! Ya i am definitly worried.

I'd say it depends on how we view the purposes of aquariums. Do we view it as something to accentuate a room and the fish just pretty colors that move? If so, then yes I could see someone losing interest, much like you'd lose interest with furniture purchased years before in favor of newer styles.

Or, do we view aquariums as pets? If so then we'd be less likely to lose interest and more likely to gain more interest as we become attached to the stock / plants. In efforts to make the tank(s) more "realistic" we look to add better decorations, invest in better equipment and even go as far as to best mimic the stock's natural environment.

Just IMO:D

I have a brother to split the work with, so everything is much easier and it isnt hard to do all of the upkeep! This makes me not loose interest

Over my 25 yrs as a hobbyist I have always had a least 1 tank running. The number has gone up and down over the years.
Life changes and so will your interests along the way. One thing that has not changed in my life is my love for having fish.
Enjoy what you have now.........

I worry about this too.

A few months ago I was working on building something and I spent a couple weeks where I did not pay my tank much interest. I didn't want to do the water changes but I did.

I'm very committed now but I cannot say that I won't lose interest when something "better" comes along.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom