Does anyone out there have an "Eco-sphere"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here's the story:

My girlfriend is in college and will be moving into an apartment for the next school year. I wanted to get her a small tank to keep on her desk. She likes the refugium on my SW tank and also my planted shrimp tank, and the appeal to her is something like this: She likes the way that you have to stare at the tank for a while in order to find all of the life inside.

With this in mind as a mission statement (along with low maintenance), I figured that setting up a FW shrimp tank for her would be best, similar to my own. I have an idea what I would do to make it easy for her to care for (feed once a day a certain amount, change the water every couple of weeks). I figure that a shrimp-only tank with a good number of hiding places for the shrimp would help create this effect.

On the other hand, I did see something out there that I thought could possibly work also. It would certainly be lower maintenance, but I haven't heard much about them. Does anyone out there have one of these, or know someone who does, and could maybe give me an idea of if this effect is there or not? I'll link to their website below. Thanks in advance.

Ecosphere Associates, Inc.: Closed Ecosystem, Self Contained Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom