Does my ADF need a Buddy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello. My ADF lives with my guppies in a ten gallon tank. I will soon move the guppies in a large 30 g tank. But the tank is tall not long. So I am keeping my ADF in the 10 g. But my frog will seem lonely. But all I ask is if she HAS to have a Buddy. Since I don't want to forget which one is her.
~Keep Swimming~
Luv4bettas

She would definitely appreciate, I believe they are social critters.

You could probably keep an eye on her because some of them will grow to different sizes and the colorations will vary slightly. Maybe you can grab an albino one?

I have 7 adf and they are definitely sociable. I can tell all mine apart. I have 3 paler and 4 darker ones but main difference is personality. They are such funny little things in groups. Just get a higher female to male ratio. I only have 2 males but they can bug the females a bit x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 7 adf and they are definitely sociable. I can tell all mine apart. I have 3 paler and 4 darker ones but main difference is personality. They are such funny little things in groups. Just get a higher female to male ratio. I only have 2 males but they can bug the females a bit x

How many frogs do you think should be able to live in a 10 gallon if there were no fish along with them?

3-4 quite easily. They like live plants to hide in and plenty of places to hide under

Plus, they almost never fight. The males can butt head sometimes but they usually don't get injured. I think you would really enjoy a colony of these guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom