Does my fish have pop eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilyh1491

Aquarium Advice Newbie
His eyes seem to be popping out more than usual, just wanted to get a second opinion on this. Here's a picture:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403315773.169898.jpg
According to some sources, a cause can be poor water quality. I think it might be the issue and I'm trying to improve it (it's really bad)
Thanks!

Welcome to AA!!!

Can you please provide us with some more information so that we can better help you?

Tank size? Stock? Exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Water change schedule? Any/all products and/or chemicals your presently using (ie, water conditioner, salt, meds, ammo-lock, etc)? How long the tank has been running with fish? Thanks! :)

Yep that's pop-eye... Don't ask me for help though. I can't get it to go away. I've got it on my black moore. :(

Doesn't look abnormal to me, but keep an eye on it to see if they protrude any more. Pop eye, or exopthalmia, is normaly secondary to other health problems and often associated with loss of condition, such as fin deterioration and loss of weight etc. Your fish looks healthy to me.

I'll have to post a more recent picture of my black moore... I'll take one when I get back home. It's a very sad story, I had him in a tank with a birchir a wile back and he tore him to pieces, almost killed him. Heres a picture after right after I got him his own tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403441966.551990.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403442414.735645.jpg
Poor guy looks nothing like that now. Almost all the black color is gone, he's almost all orange with black fins, the eye that was almost gouged out has shrunk about half the size of the other one and the one that was fine just recently developed pop-eye and I don't know what to do... He's in rough shape but he's a trooper.

I'll have to post a more recent picture of my black moore... I'll take one when I get back home. It's a very sad story, I had him in a tank with a birchir a wile back and he tore him to pieces, almost killed him. Heres a picture after right after I got him his own tank.
View attachment 241043
View attachment 241044
Poor guy looks nothing like that now. Almost all the black color is gone, he's almost all orange with black fins, the eye that was almost gouged out has shrunk about half the size of the other one and the one that was fine just recently developed pop-eye and I don't know what to do... He's in rough shape but he's a trooper.
Aw, best of luck to him. He's a strong fish though, hope he can get through this :(

Back
Top Bottom