Dojo /weather loach tank buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosmumma

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently bought my 1st ever dojo and have been trying to figure out if it is a boy of girl.... Also if the same sex of dojo is in the tank... Will they be buddies (no fighting) or am I better to get opposite sex..... Photo attached for opinions of sex.... I can't tell by the pectoral fins apparently this is the best way to sex them.... Am a bit of a newbie..so not sure... DSC_0125.JPGDSC_0124.JPGDSC_0130.JPGDSC_0135.JPG

Welcome to AA. Loaches in general do better in a group. The constant chasing is just part of their behavior. I keep Berdmorei and Red Tail Botia Loaches. These fish are totally out of control, but don't seem to hurt each other, very fun to watch.
I'm not sure about determining gender. Usually dorsal fin shape lends a clue to gender, not pectoral fins. Rounded dorsal tend to be female, pointed dorsal tend to be male.

Welcome to AA. Loaches in general do better in a group. The constant chasing is just part of their behavior. I keep Berdmorei and Red Tail Botia Loaches. These fish are totally out of control, but don't seem to hurt each other, very fun to watch.
I'm not sure about determining gender. Usually dorsal fin shape lends a clue to gender, not pectoral fins. Rounded dorsal tend to be female, pointed dorsal tend to be male.
Thank you for ur answer I am a newbie so all advice is greatly appreciated Xx I will have a Google as I am really new and do not know which loaches it is you keep, I will defo get a tank friend [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom