Dosing iodine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My lfs recommended dosing iodine once a week with E S V potassium iodide. My snowflake polyps havent been opening so they said this will probably help. They said its also good for LPS and soft corals. I bought some and thought I'd give it a try but after researching a little more, I'm a little scared to do it. I was only going to do half the recommended dose on the bottle. Will it help my mushrooms palys and zoas?

If your dosing you need to test for it as well, however I think it's a waste of time as this trace element is replenished in water changes

I really don't know but I bought some yellow star polyps at my lfs and they also recommended to start with the starter kit for reef which has calcium,iodine, and molybdenum and since I bought the polyps and till now they have way more extension than they had at the store they look really nice now.

Okay. Im trying it. It says the recommended dosage is 1 drop per gallon per week. I only did 15 drops. I'll see if anything changes in a couple weeks. If nothing changes I'll go up a couple more drops.

Jeez how bigs your tank?? My iodine is 1% and it says 1 ml for every 20 gallons

I would really suggest to test before u start dosing if you just have one or two corals weekly or even bi-weekly water chances will replenish your trace elements. U don't wanna over dose anything if u can prevent it. IMO

The blue snowflake polyps like that iodine. They are open more than they were. Still not fully open yet. Other polyps on the under side of the rock in the shade are fully open so it could be a too much light too but they're at the bottom of the tank. I may have to move them in the shade for a while.

Back
Top Bottom