Dosing question- greg watson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking at Greg Watson's and I want to make sure I have this right in my head. The PMDD mix has my macro doses/nutrients and the CSM+B Plantex are my micro nutrients?
I'm thinking about getting my tank running properly with the plants this next week ( because right now it has plants, just no CO2 and with my lighting, I need the CO2) and I was going to go ahead and place an order from greg watson but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing =o)

I'm basing what I should do from this thread from a while back:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=89388&highlight=

Should I get iron supplements as well?

thanks for the help =o)

The PMDD mix has CSM+B, plus some potassium and nitrate, I think. It has no phosphate. CSM+B is the micro supplement and has iron in it. The whole idea behind PMDD was to add one thing to your tank instead of a bunch separately, but it doesn't let you manipulate the proportions of each. I would recommend the CSM+B, plus some Potassium Sulfate (for potassium), Potassium nitrate (for nitrate as there isn't enough in the PMDD anyway) and some monopotassium phosphate for phosphate. I got the PMDD mix and still have to add potassium and nitrate, so it's not really worth it. Get 1 lb of everything except 2 of the potassium sulfate as you'll go through a lot of it.

Hope this helps! Once you get them, we'll figure out dosing!

I agree, PMDD was the forerunner of IE, which are simply methods of dosing your ferts. You could use KNO3, which contains Nitrate and Potassium as well. Ordering 2lbs is a great $$$ saver.

IE?

I'm finding this reference all over the forum but I can't seem to find what it means. I'm sure I will be embarrassed once I find out.

Never mind, I found it in th every next post :oops:

So should I just buy the CSM+B and each individual nutient instead of the PMDD?? Does someone want to make me a shopping list =oP

EDIT
Reading another similar post, should I buy 1lb of the following:
Plantex CSM+B
Potassium Nitrate KN03
Monopotassium Phosphate KH2PO4
Potassium Sulfate K2S04

and that would cover all my micro and macro nutrients?

No potassium sulfate?
I really am not a stupid person, it just takes me a while to wrap my head around things =o)

Back
Top Bottom