Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never used a pressure gauge up until this new value fixture, and the pressure reads just under 40 psi. I also don't have much experience with RODI units....not troubleshooting anyway...The ones i have used have always worked fine. I just changed filters here and there.
I turn on and off my unit manually. I simply use a ball valve to operate it. I don't see the effect of the auto shutoff as you describe.

I never used a pressure gauge up until this new value fixture, and the pressure reads just under 40 psi. I also don't have much experience with RODI units....not troubleshooting anyway...The ones i have used have always worked fine. I just changed filters here and there.
I turn on and off my unit manually. I simply use a ball valve to operate it. I don't see the effect of the auto shutoff as you describe.

I was referring to the back flush valve, not the pressure valve, my bad. You could have a clogged membrane, but I would be curious how that could happen with the filtration that occurs before the RO.

This thing that's circled, compliments of Doug Otto...is what is making a noise every 5 seconds or so, like it's trying to free itself up or something....any ideas?
misc_5466_0511.jpg

Thats the valve I think has gone haywire. It has a tiny piston in it that controls the flow to the RO membrane based on the pressure from the other side. It's what shuts off the RO when the pressure builds on the output of your system. It has done died. Good news is that Home Depot should have one. They are cheap.

They can also start clicking or pulsing if your float valve is bouncing for any reason.

Last edited:
I forgot the real name of this coral. Bet you know it. I called it teddy bear, but I don't think that's its scientific name.

Attachments

• image-710972195.jpg
    image-710972195.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 126
Pretty hardy. Easy to get to spawn in closed systems. I had sps growing on my power heads, in my overflows, in my sump...on the glass....
img_2679838_0_9b9c3f5e1b4d394b5b4236d9a0105837.jpg

Pretty hardy. Easy to get to spawn in closed systems. I had sps growing on my power heads, in my overflows, in my sump...on the glass....

I have acro spreading its base foot all over my frag rack and is sprouting new colonies. Some SPS is easy, some is hard.

Yep...These colonies pictured were not touching the parent colony. They were feet from it. I'm hoping to duplicate it now with my recent colony. I have a birdsnest that is growing into it right now and neither coral are receding. Pretty odd if you ask me.

Yep...These colonies pictured were not touching the parent colony. They were feet from it. I'm hoping to duplicate it now with my recent colony. I have a birdsnest that is growing into it right now and neither coral are receding. Pretty odd if you ask me.

If the conditions are right, these corals grow like weeds. But the conditions have to be right and it takes a while for a tank to season itself into something that will support corals like yours does. In discussions we have had today about sick angel fish, the rocks and walls of the tank need to be covered in interesting goodies to get most angels acclimated and eating well. So it's not just the coral that needs that seasoning time.

I love this shot. This shows brilliantly how a SPS coral lays the foot down before growing vertically. How cool is that.

I'm sorry I missed it, and even if I was there, I'm not very experienced with fish diseases. Most of the fish I imported only stayed in my system for a few days at best. I tried not to house fish for sale, rather I would take orders and fill them when I had enough to warrant a box or two.
Corals were another story.

Back
Top Bottom