Driftwood plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot35

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wanting to know if any one could tell me the best plant that will attach itself to a pieces of driftwood I just purchased and how to attach it until it attaches itself

I was wanting to know if any one could tell me the best plant that will attach itself to a pieces of driftwood I just purchased and how to attach it until it attaches itself

Three best plants are Anubias, Java Fern, and Java Moss. It all depends on the look you're going for!

The easiest way to attack them is to use some string to tie them on. It can be difficult depending on the driftwood piece.

You've got a couple choices. Anubias, Java Ferns both regular and Wendilov, Bolbitus, and Mosses. All work well and look good. I tie my DW plants on with 100% black cotton thread. The thread dissolves over time and by then the plants are attached.

Many of them, I actually just picked up an Anubia and Wendilov Java Fern at Pet Smart a couple weeks ago.

As Rivercats said, PetsMart can carry Java Fern and some Anubias. If you can find a dedicated fish store, I would be surprised if they didn't carry it!

Great there is a pet smart store close buy. Thanks a lot for the info very helpful

This is the driftwood piece I purchased

Attachments

• image-3886949028.jpg
    image-3886949028.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 85
This was the backside of it

Attachments

• image-893993858.jpg
    image-893993858.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 77
It's more interesting and there is much more you could do as far as adding plants to it.

Back
Top Bottom