Driftwood questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick_Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking into getting a 36 gallon bow front aquarium. And I just had a quick question on what are some good websites to get driftwood from? Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

I was looking into getting a 36 gallon bow front aquarium. And I just had a quick question on what are some good websites to get driftwood from? Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

I just had the same question ha. People told me to go to dr. Foster and smith. I checked it out and they have some nice driftwood for a reasonable price

I got a nice piece of eBay.. But im still(2month) soaking it.

Im actually in the market for a piece for my 180. Its kimda hard to find one for that. Im going on a trip with alot of bodies of water around ima look there

Hello Pat...

The commercial pieces have two things against them: They're overpriced and leak tannic acid into the tank water and turn it that amber color no one likes.

If you live anywhere near an open area around a river or pond, lake, etc., those are the places to look for natural driftwood. These are so much better than the commercial pieces. A quick rinse with the pressure nozzle attached to the garden hose and a day outside in the sun to dry and it's tank ready. While you're outside, you can collect a couple of rocks to weigh down the driftwood. The pluses: You get some exercise and you save a few dollars.

Just a thought.

B

But yes to second everyone else. Ever since iv became an aquarium addict, iv been useing Dr f&s and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Yes it is! You have to clean it & everything still before you can put it into your tank.

Ok cool I just want to make sure it's real. How do you clean yours? Spray it off with water and put it out in the Sunday for a day?

Ok cool I just want to make sure it's real. How do you clean yours? Spray it off with water and put it out in the Sunday for a day?

To be honest, this will be my first real piece I've ever used. But from what people tell me on here, soak it in hot water (until the water comes out clear, & the wood sinks to the bottom). Give it a good scrub. & I think that's it. Don't quote me on that, do a little research but I think that's all you have to do.

To be honest, this will be my first real piece I've ever used. But from what people tell me on here, soak it in hot water (until the water comes out clear, & the wood sinks to the bottom). Give it a good scrub. & I think that's it. Don't quote me on that, do a little research but I think that's all you have to do.

Ok cool thanks for the help

No problem! I've been helped here a bunch, only trying to return the favor :).

Yeah I've been helped alot on here and have only have out a little advice. I don't want to give out advice I know exactly what I'm talking about ha

Yeah I've been helped alot on here and have only have out a little advice. I don't want to give out advice I know exactly what I'm talking about ha

That's exactly how I am, I just go with what I've learned already. & if someone needs help with that, I'll do my best. If not, I'm sure there are hundreds of other people who will know what to do.

That's exactly how I am, I just go with what I've learned already. & if someone needs help with that, I'll do my best. If not, I'm sure there are hundreds of other people who will know what to do.

Exactly! It was nice to meet you I'm sure ill see you around on here ha

Exactly! It was nice to meet you I'm sure ill see you around on here ha

You will, as was it nice to meet you! Good luck with any driftwood you might get :). I just ordered mine yesterday, so still waiting on it to get here c

Back
Top Bottom