Drop checker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbwmn

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking into buying a drop checker.
Reading about drop checkers, I realize that they are only a glass container that hangs inside the tank with PH reagent inside.
I already have a KH/GH and several PH test kits. These will tell me the same thing
as a drop checker. I already check my PH levels daily.
I really don’t want more unsightly hardware inside any of my tanks.
So, why do a lot of folks recommend a DC for indicating CO2 concentration?

Thank you
Charles
:)

Because your co2 concentration is variable. It changes during the photo period and from dark to light. A drop checker will give you a continuous almost real time ( it takes some time to change) reading of your co2 concentrations. However, it certainly isn't required. If you are content with your current method it is fine. Just test your kh and pH at different times to get an idea of what the tank is doing throughout the day.

I use one because there small and don't take up any room.You can see quick and not have to mess with 2 test kits every time you want to know if co2 is high or low.Blue turn up yellow turn down can't get any easier.

Used with a 4dkh solution it also eliminates other buffers in the water that could be throwing off your CO2 calculations. Using it with tank water wouldn't make any difference

Back
Top Bottom