Drs. Foster and smith??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking to buy these from them

CD-22879 Mopani Driftwood Small $3.99 x = $3.99

CD-32963 Hairgrass Plants 9" $2.99 x = $2.99

CD-71494 Cichlid Stones 2-pack (Mfg #6551) $11.79 x = $11.79

CD-71311 Hagen Marina Decor Cave Small $9.99 x = $9.99
CD-75463 BIO-Wheel LED Aquarium Kit 29 Gallon Kit (mfg# PFK29B) $119.99 x
= $119.99
*Additional shipping weight fee of $ 7.99 applies to ground shipments

So a total of less than $150. And at my lfs, petsmart, and petco the led mit is aquarium kit is more than $150! So I was wondering if anyone has ordered from this site and If the driftwood, cichlid stones, and cave is pretty good? The cichlid stones will be for my gbr and apisto, and the wood for Cory's and pleco. Thanks, and if you have any of these a picture would be appreciated!

I have not used them for aquarium supplies. That being said, I have used them for dog supplies and they seemed to be a good company to use.

I've learned so much from their website and actually love looking at their paper catalog as well. I can't recall whether I've actually ordered from them though. I am building a shopping list, though, and their prices are at least on par with petco/petsmart if not cheaper. I haven't heard any negatives about them.

I got the small Mopani you are getting, I approve! I've since ordered a big piece. When I get home ill show you pics. Jeez I ordered about 15 things all together in 2 shipments, saved soooo much money!

Edit: I compared prices after buying a heater, air pump, filter and other stuff at pet pals and I thought drs F&S were like 30-40% cheaper!! I literally returned all my supplies and upgraded to a jäger Eheim heater, a whisper air pump and the same filter but way cheaper.

Is appreciate a pic! I think I'm gonna buy it due to positive reviews. Anything bout the cichlid stones?

I've purchased an AC110, SeaChem Prime, API co2 boost, Leafzone and root tabs from Dr.'s Foster and Smith.
They seem reliable. I'd recommend them:)

Let's see what I got on my phone here.

This is a small Mopani. I liked the shape, and it looks like a smiley face too. I added the Anubia just wedged it in a little.

Attachments

• image-2134763729.jpg
    image-2134763729.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1223604350.jpg
    image-1223604350.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 97
Really nice!! I think I'll Mabye even get the medium! Any experience with cichlid stones!

About a year ago I ordered a small piece of driftwood from them. It was horrible looking. They gave me a credit, which I eventually used on something else. Other than that, everything else I've purchased from them has been as expected, and at decent prices.

David

How is it? And what size and type?

I hit the send button by accident! It was a small piece of Malaysian driftwood. It was just a small piece of wood with no form to it. These things happen when what you're buying comes in many different shapes and forms, unfortunately. If I owned my own shop I would never sell the kind of wood I received without the buyer seeing it first. But of course, what I find ugly might be what someone else is looking for, so take this all with a grain of salt.

David

I've ordered plants from there. Fast delivery and they are doing great. As far as driftwood, personally, i like to pick out the piece that I buy, so no ordering that online for me.

I've ordered from them at least 4 times (one last night!) and have nothing but nice things to say. Only problem I had was with a digital thermometer that didn't work right. Gave them a call and they shipped out a new one that day. Great online retailer.

I got a big piece and a first I was disappointed, but I warmed up to I because it does look like it would be sitting naturally in a river bed. Ill take a pic!

I have ordered fish supplies from them 4 times, and had a good experience on all of them. I especially like that they have free shipping options, and they don't "hold" the orders with free shipping (quoted 5-7 business days for free, received in 2 days each time). The Malaysian driftwood was great - lots of interest for my cory cats. Thumbs up.

Alright thanks! Large? Or what size?

This was actually a medium piece. This pic is bad but it has lots of knots and swirls.. I was disappointed at first that it was kinda flat and not more dynamic of a shape, but now I like it. It looks nice and I am usin it to create a deeper bed in the back, like 5 inches deeper than in front.
Not attaching right, ill try later :)

Attachments

• image-3352390910.jpg
    image-3352390910.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 67
I have ordered from them before for fish, dog, and cat supplies. They always ship in time of not earlier and have relatively good prices. My only complaint would be to double triple check your order is correct! Once your order is placed you can't cancel it and its a pain to resend the merchandise back and pay to ship it back. Other than that I have had a great shopping experience with them!

Back
Top Bottom