Drunken shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandysBows

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a silver tip shark who is suddenly swimming around like he is drunk or just lays on the bottom of tank. I can't see anything physically wrong with him, any ideas or what I could do?

Last Params:
1/30/13
Temp: 76.5
Amm: 0
Nitrates: 5.0
Nitrites: 0
Ph: 7.8

If it is the same silver tip shark I'm thinking of, they are brackish and require some salt in the water. If they are used to fresh water they are usually good for a bit but require salt as they age even to the point of full marine. If it was born and raised in water with salt content it will require salt all it's life. I had three a lot of years ago and raised them in brackish. They did great.

If it is the same silver tip shark I'm thinking of, they are brackish and require some salt in the water. If they are used to fresh water they are usually good for a bit but require salt as they age even to the point of full marine. If it was born and raised in water with salt content it will require salt all it's life. I had three a lot of years ago and raised them in brackish. They did great.

It's kinda cat fish looking. It was sold to me as freshwater, I didn't know it was brackish or I wouldn't have bought it.

Back
Top Bottom