Duncan corals lost its zooxanthellae!! ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello refers how are you guys doing!!

Today I requesting some help with a duncan coral that last night lost all its zooxanthellae from its skeleton. That never happened like that before I try to keep a good environment for all my inhabitants and when I came from my work last night I checked my aquarium as I always do when i get home, basically to feed my clownfish ( that one is my only fish in the tank) and feed my RBTA , and I saw the coral that lost all the zooxanthellae algae!! I don't understand why? I'll check the water parameter and all of them are good just my calcium is a little high that usual is. But I may not think than that cause the issue to my coral, when a bought it come with only one head and few month ago start to grow up 2 little heads. Now i'm worry about it because i don't want to lost this coral. Thank you reefers

Is it bleached? How can you tell it lost all its zoox

Is it bleached? How can you tell it lost all its zoox

Is not bleached , otherwise they will turned white ?? I guess! I told that they lost all the zoox because all the green color that used to have on the skeleton are gone! But the coral stills open up not fully but still open !!

Is not bleached , otherwise they will turned white ?? I guess! I told that they lost all the zoox because all the green color that used to have on the skeleton are gone! But the coral stills open up not fully but still open !!

If your referring to the tissue on the skeleton i believe your fine. If the mouth starts losing color than it might be stressed. Have you seen it discharge a brown stringy goo yet?
The tissue around my skeleton has become a lighter green and the green diameter around the mouth varies from time to time.
Have you gotten new lights? Whats your water parameters. How long have you had the duncan?

If your referring to the tissue on the skeleton i believe your fine. If the mouth starts losing color than it might be stressed. Have you seen it discharge a brown stringy goo yet?
The tissue around my skeleton has become a lighter green and the green diameter around the mouth varies from time to time.
Have you gotten new lights? Whats your water parameters. How long have you had the duncan?

Yes is only the skeleton, the coral looks just fine. Well is not fully open but looks good. My lights are kessil 150w ocean blue. My parameter are good i had an issue with the phosphates but i may think has been fixed. I had this duncan for 3 months or so. I'm planning the have a 30 or 38 gallons aquarium in the next couple days. I'm going to move them to have more live stock in there. Thank you buddy

Back
Top Bottom