Dwarf Angels - tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Dixon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,
Does anybody have any success stories of being able to house Dwarf Angels together such as the Flame, Coral Beauty, Multicolor, Lemonpeel Halfblack Hybrid or Yellow?
I have a 55gal with lots of live rock with a 3.5 inch P. Antennata, a medium sized Snowflake Eel and a medium sized Green Brittle Starfish. When you consider the current inhabitants and the tank size, I am very limited on the possible tankmates. I find these dwarf angels to be very beautiful and two or three would add some moving color to the aquarium. All three of the current residents mostly just hover or lounge on or under rocks! It seems to me that the Dwarf Angels would be large enough to not be eaten by any of these three would-be predators.
Thanks for any info,
Brian

I had a flame and a coral beauty before and even though they did scrap somebefore they eventually got along. They were evicted later on for munching on corals. I had a smaller tank with an eel and a flame and they seem to have got along OK.

BTW welcome aboard.

I currently have a 1 Lemonpeel, 1 coral beauty and 1 flame in my 70gal with lots of live rock. I added the flame last and have had no issues at all. I think you will do fine especially if you give them plenty of hiding places etc. Good luck.

Sorry to kind of intrude, but melosu and FLHR, do you find the dwarf angels particularly hard to take care of? Do they require any type of special care? I've been reading contrasting information all over the internet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom