Dwarf Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what i have been reading so far, i would avoid putting species together that have the same markings or colors. For example, putting the Flame angel in the same tank with a Fisher Angel. Other then that, people have had success with putting different types of angels in the same tank. It is just the similarity between fish that i would be worrying about.

The appropriate question is are they for your reef tank Frankie. IME and IMO I would not put them in with a reef. They almost wrecked mine. And if you put them in and they do start munching they will be hard to catch. Hopefully you are starting a FOWLR tank. As far as the fish getting along together I think it might depend on size of tank.

Got cha... Thanks Mike... I was planning on Getting a Coral Beauty for my Reef I heard of Many Reefers having great success with them... I might try my luck...

My personal opinion is it's not a reef tank without an angel, cute lil nibblers :)

I have not tried a Coral Beuaty yet and have always been told that they are not reef safe. I have however kept flame angels in my tank with success. I've had 2 different flame angels and not once did I see them pick on a coral. They graze and sometimes it looks like they might be picking on it but on closer inspection they're nibble at something on the rock.

Tank size might matter. This is in a 100 gallon reef with lots of other fish. I also kept him well fed.

My personal opinion is it's not a reef tank without an angel, cute lil nibblers :)

Lamarck's angels are pretty neat.
Lamarck's a great, reef safe angels.
lamarck_5-09.jpg

Can the 2 co- exist in the same tank? They had a small Lamarck about 3"? I picked up the Coral Beauty but was thinking about a Lamarck at first... ??

Back
Top Bottom