Dwarf Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DO NOT put crustaceans with a puffer before i got my GSP i wanted to get some gold claw crabs as cleanup crew because of the GSP messy eating habits. The worker at my LFS put a crab in the puffer tank and they were attacking it in seconds, and the crab was bigger than them. So GSP> crays

Ok I really really want some dwarf crays. I am soon upgrading to a 56 gallon column tank and was hoping to stock like this (Not finale might be slightly overstocked. this is just an idea)

4x black kuhli loaches
6x celestial pearl danios
6x goldringed danios
6x glowlight tetras
5x otto
2x german blue rams
1-2x dwarf crays

Later I might try to add like a FW flounder, whiptail cat, anf ghost shrimp (Experimentally)
For shelter I have a rock cave. I might add a piece of drift wood and want to add a DIY under-the-substrate cave. Would this be good? Any suggestions?
Also where can I get cheap Dwarf Crays?

Thanks and God bless!
Dwarf crays like CPO's or shufeldtii's would do great in there, were it not for the GBR's. I'd venture to say they will definitely go after the crays. While I have had some success mixing them with larger fish, they are just too small to mix with cichlids.

DO NOT put crustaceans with a puffer before i got my GSP i wanted to get some gold claw crabs as cleanup crew because of the GSP messy eating habits. The worker at my LFS put a crab in the puffer tank and they were attacking it in seconds, and the crab was bigger than them. So GSP> crays
Yes, in fact a popular way to feed GSP's is to get a marbled self cloning crayfish and use the young as feeders.

Back
Top Bottom